32 gig SDHC class 10 cards for £22

6 replies [Last post]
tom hardwick

Fancy some 32 gig SDHC class 10 cards for £22?

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC

'My Memory' may not have the kudos of 'Transcend', but you can't fault the price.

Z Cheema
Gavin Gration

There was me feeling smug about my 32gb Verbatim class 10s for thirty quid plus VAT!

Thanks a bunch chaps!

PaulD

Hi
I bought a 7 Day Shop 32GB one, and it has been used to record a wedding - worked fine.
Not an exhaustive long-term test, but fine in the first instance.

Tony7
PaulD wrote:
Hi
I bought a 7 Day Shop 32GB one, and it has been used to record a wedding - worked fine.
Not an exhaustive long-term test, but fine in the first instance.

Glad to hear that PaulD, but be careful, don't depend on it tooooo much, well, for weddings anyway.

Tony.
Asrock Z68 Extreme7 --i7-2700K --Edius Pro7--HDStorm+ --16GB Kingston HyperX--GTX 560Ti--AX850 PSU--MxM PCI-e Reader--Win8.1 Pro 64bit

RayL

7 Day Shop 32 Gb used for 6 hour continuous shot of the drum kit (+ various drummers) at a music event (camera in cradle suspended from lighting bar). No problems.

Ray

infocus

The trouble with own brand cards is that they can be made all over the place, and one bought one day may be very different from one bought the next - not just batch differences, but made by different people. Buy something like Sandisk and it's far more a case of consistency. Hence, you can buy 10 own brands cards and find they are fine for purpose, then buy 10 more a month later and they won't be up to spec - even if by name they are the same thing.

I've been one of the most enthusiastic in the past for championing such as the use of SDHC in adaptors - but always subject to certain "rules". And one of them has been to only use cards recommended by the makers of the adaptors, and to test every card before serious use.

That said, SDHC offers massive price savings over P2 or SxS - the savings offered by own brand over such as Sandisk are proportionally less. I'd be happy to use SDHC/adaptor for a lot of serious work - I wouldn't use own brand cards for professional work. I'm also hearing stories that SDHC and adaptor have been given a great deal of independent testing by a large interested party, and the results are such that they are likely to be used for a very great deal of serious work - but not with cheap own brand cards.