32GB x133 CF cards for £10.64 + P&P

8 replies [Last post]
Ford Prefect
johnd

Sorry but this now appears to be £70.41,
John

Mark M

Thanks Mr Prefect, for that! I got a couple of 'em. There were just four left before I got mine. So, John, I expect the others have gone too. Remains to be seen whether they'll honour the price!! A bit too much of a bargain to be true, but we'll see.

Adobe Certified Professional Premiere Pro CS6, Premiere Pro CC

Adobe Community Professional

johnd

I remember a few years back when a big online seller got a Kodak digital camera price spectacularly wrong, from memory they didn't honour the price.

In this instance, given the stature of the retailer and the fairly small numbers, I would hope your bargain will be popping through your door in a few days.

johnd

straight away I found this http://www.bitterwallet.com/5-uk-consumer-pricing-errors-we-will-always-remember/14332 so Kodak did honour the price. It was eight years ago - I need to get out more!

Now if only I could find a Canon 5D II for £25.

Mark M

Of course too good to be true!

------------- Begin message -------------

Thank you for your order.

Up on processing your order, it came to our attention that there has been a mapping error on Amazon. This is where a part code is uploaded to the wrong description.

The part code uploaded to this description is TS1GCF133, which is for the Transcend 1GB Compact Flash Card.

Unfortunately, we do not stock the Transcend 32GB Compact Flash Card, therefore we are unable to fulfil your order.

Due to this your order has been cancelled. Please be advised that as no payment was taken, a refund is not required.

You will also receive an email from Amazon confirming cancellation.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Kind Regards

Adobe Certified Professional Premiere Pro CS6, Premiere Pro CC

Adobe Community Professional

David Garcia
David Garcia's picture

Guys! just remember that the Trancend cards give problems when importing data from them in a mac.

The problem seems to be only when you have finished with them and decide to do the usual action before taking it away from the card reader of draggin the icon into the eject button, at that point it has been reported that cards have been rendered unusable.

I had that experience last week and managed to fix it. I will continue to buy Trancend but will import the data through my 7d and not through a card reader in case I forget the above....again

steve
johnd wrote:
straight away I found this http://www.bitterwallet.com/5-uk-consumer-pricing-errors-we-will-always-remember/14332 so Kodak did honour the price. It was eight years ago - I need to get out more!

Now if only I could find a Canon 5D II for £25.

ISTR that the Kodak debacle prompted a change in the law where an obvious pricing error would not have to be honoured. In my opinion, its quite dishonest trying to get one of these bargains when the purchaser knows its a mistake. Just like the guy in the linked article who tried to order 100 TVs from Argos at 2.99 GBP each.

If it was a consumer who accidentally paid 100 times the cost of an item, I can imagine the mass indignation that would ensue.

Steve

Lusky
Mark M wrote:
Of course too good to be true!

------------- Begin message -------------

Thank you for your order.

Up on processing your order, it came to our attention that there has been a mapping error on Amazon. This is where a part code is uploaded to the wrong description.

The part code uploaded to this description is TS1GCF133, which is for the Transcend 1GB Compact Flash Card.

Unfortunately, we do not stock the Transcend 32GB Compact Flash Card, therefore we are unable to fulfil your order.

Due to this your order has been cancelled. Please be advised that as no payment was taken, a refund is not required.

You will also receive an email from Amazon confirming cancellation.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Kind Regards

I can't remember the rules of online however a price on a store shelf is not a guarantee of a price it is an invitation to treat not a formal offer to sell the goods at that price, the point that it becomes a formal offer is when it is rung up at the check-out hence the need to have a visible display at the checkouts in supermarkets you then accept that offer and the contract of sale is complete. The exact moment that you accept is written into law (can't quite remember it) such as auctions the moment the contract is made is when the auctioneers hammer strikes for the final time.
With online sales It could be worth finding out when the law views the contract of sale as having being completed as it could be worth pursuing though doubtful.

John Paul