ASUS A7V-E KT133 Motherboard

6 replies [Last post]
Spike88

I have been having the same problem since setting up a new pc with the ASUS A7V-E KT133 chipset motherboard, Athlon 1.2, 256mbRam, 20gb Quantam AS ATA100 hard drive and 60gb Quantam AV hard drive with ATA 100 controller card, 64mb GForce 2 card, SBLive. Blocky Video on playback.

After trying the Rapter in every bay, with modem card in/out, SB Live card in/out. I gave up, put the Rapter back into my Dell P3 600 machine, It worked perfect again.

The Raptor suport in UK has been helpfull. The final idea given to me today regarded the PCI Latency Timer in the Bios. I was told it should be set to 64, not 32. I have made the changes and will try it with the Raptor over the weekend. I will post the result.

Anyone got a solution to this problem? I have loaded the 4in1 drivers, and am using the Promise ATA 100 controller card with the hard drives.

andrewh

When you say you are using the Promise ATA100 controller card, do you ment the on-board ATA100 or a separate card?

Did you put the Raptor in slot 3? with on-board audio disabled?
Can you give slot and IRQ details?

I am not sure what an A7V-E is; maybe you could explain difference with other variants.

Thanks
Andrew

Spike88

Hello Andrew thanks for the reply.

It is a seperate ATA 100 card. The onboard audio is disabled. I dont think I tried slot 3. Unfortunately I cant give you IRQ numbers, etc, as I did not take a note at the time.

I did try the Raptor in slot 1 and 2, with and without modem and SBLive card. I still had the blocky playback through the firewire cable

All I know about the motherboard is what it says on the box, it also says Socket A KT133. I asume it is the next version of the board that was called A7U-E?

Thanks for your help.

quote:Originally posted by andrewh:
When you say you are using the Promise ATA100 controller card, do you ment the on-board ATA100 or a separate card?

Did you put the Raptor in slot 3? with on-board audio disabled?
Can you give slot and IRQ details?

I am not sure what an A7V-E is; maybe you could explain difference with other variants.

Thanks
Andrew

Richard Choroszewski

Avoid slot 1 as it interracts with the AGP slot, which I assume you have a graphics card.

Slot 2 and 3 should be good candidates

I thought the KT133 came with a Highpoint Raid controller built in?

If all else fails pull out all your cards except the Raptor (in particular the SB Live Soundcard) and when you get the system up and running gradually reintroduce the rest of the kit.

PCI latency is an issue with the DV Storm but NOT with the Raptor

------------------
DV Storm and Prem6.
1300 Mhz Athlon in EPOX 8KTA3+. M/board Win 2000 Pro SP1.
20 gig (C:\SysDrive: Reads 28Mbs, Writes 21Mbs) and 30 gig (D:\Audio/digi images and misc. R24Mbs, W34Mbs) (E:\)Plextor CD rewriter and (F:\)DVD player.
with 2 x 75 gig hd's in Raid 0 as (G:\ DV, R 47Mbs,W52Mbs). 512Mb PC133 SDRAM,
Matrox G450 driving 2 Illama TFT 15" monitors ,SB Live 5.1

Storm/Edius3.01 PAL 3Ghz Pentium in ASUS P4G8X M/board WinXPProSP2. 3x120G ATA & 2x300G Sata Raid0. 1024Mb DDRAM, Matrox Parhelia, 2xTFT 20" +SB Audigy2Platinum

col

I have built a system based on the same MOBO as you have used although not with the Raptor. The first MOBO I tried had a fault the second worked perfectly.

In building a system I would always load the minimum required and test it out before adding extra components.

As the A7V-133 comes with onboard sound and selectable onboard raid or ATA100 bus then I do not see the initial need to fit anything more than is necessary, try starting over with minimum components and add until you get the fault.

Have you loaded all the latest drivers or just stayed with windows defaults?

col

Vibrant Net

I just got a A7-266 DDR motherboard and it rejected my ATI All in Wonder PCI card. Apparently ASUS is not doing to well with video card compatability in general.

Spike88

It seems to be working ok now. I loaded on the various patches, disabled SB Live. I have just done a 2 hour+capture and it seems ok.

However, it has been a major pain. I think in future I will stick with intel motherboards.

Thanks to everyone for there help.