Athlon 1800+ Sony DVCam and Premiere

1 reply [Last post]
thuegli

Hello,
I have a Sony DSR PDX10 NTSC DVCam. I am trying to capture video with Premiere 6.5. I am getting the error message "DVdevice is unavailable for device control". Under the device control settings it says my camera is offline.
I can capure fine with the Imagemixer software that came with the camera. Any help would be much appreciated.
Here are my system specs.

Processor: AMD Athlon 1800+
RAM: 1gig RAM
MB: Chaintech CT-7NJS
Graphics card: Leadtek GF4 ti-4200 128mb

MichaelS

Hello
This is a long time to go without a reply. There are several settings in Premiere 6.5 that govern device control and they have to be gone through very closely or you get this result. I had the same problem with my Panasonic until I went carefully through the whole procedure of setting up the capture using the printed manual. If you are still not there, though I should think you will be by now, I can perhaps help.
The graphics card and AMD processors create no problems really. I use dual Athlon 1900+ with G4 card and they work like a dream with Premiere. I am fairly certain the difficulties are with the settings. It leads to computer rage!!!

quote:Originally posted by thuegli:
Hello,
I have a Sony DSR PDX10 NTSC DVCam. I am trying to capture video with Premiere 6.5. I am getting the error message "DVdevice is unavailable for device control". Under the device control settings it says my camera is offline.
I can capure fine with the Imagemixer software that came with the camera. Any help would be much appreciated.
Here are my system specs.

Processor: AMD Athlon 1800+
RAM: 1gig RAM
MB: Chaintech CT-7NJS
Graphics card: Leadtek GF4 ti-4200 128mb