Athlon - DV200 with Prem6

3 replies [Last post]
Spready

I am new to all this DV editing lark but after reading various articles and web reports I seem to have been rather lucky and have had NO problems whatsoever in setting up my system.
Gateway Athlon 1Ghz
128mb Ram, DVD, CD-RW etc etc
10gb system and 40gb Video drive
Camera- Sony TRV 10E (DV-IN enabled)

Installed the new Pinnacle DV200 card along with Premiere6 with no problems. I have edited a number of small family movies in the past month and have exported back to DV and VHS using the Camera as the go between.
I have made a number of small clips for the web using the Terran Cleaner that comes with Prem6, exporting to Quicktime, Windows media and Real.
I am just getting to grips with effects, transitions and gradients.

To sum up, its working fantastically and have had no problems with it being on the same setup as all my web, office and all other computer bits and bobs.

If anyone is having any worries about putting this sort of setup together then I hope the above has put your mind at rest.

Spready
All sorts of kit....but never enough!

PD

Cheers for the feedback Spready and for posting your basic system specification.

As you have an AMD Athlon system manufactured by a top tier vendor I think it would be helpful to know which model of Gateway system you have, and if possible the BIOS revision and the display accelerator installed.

Cheers.

------------------
Paul

Paul Dutton
DVdoctor R&D

HEXUS.swankyDynamicSignature - Give it a click!

Spready

In response to the above I have found that it is a 1000 MX select system with 32mb NVIDIA M64 AGP Graphics card. As for the Bios - I have no idea on how to find this information!
I hope the above helps

Spready
All sorts of kit....but never enough!

PD

Thanks again Spready,

Yes the efforts and data you have provided are very helpful, it will usefully guide other existing or prospective Gateway 1000 MX Select owners in their choice of video editing system.

Cheers!

------------------
Paul

Paul Dutton
DVdoctor R&D

HEXUS.swankyDynamicSignature - Give it a click!