Ebuyer Extra Value Firewire 1394a 2.5" Aluminium Silver Caddy - £3.99

2 replies [Last post]
Chirpy

Bob actually put me on to this when my laptop hard-drive crashed. I've managed to recover 90% of the info so far.

This nifty gadget comes with a 6pin-6pin firewire cable, a 6pin-4pin firewire cable and a USB2 cable to connect to the caddy. If you order one I'd suggest you add it to another order otherwise the postage will put the price up.
Here's the direct link: ebuyer

Chirpy's Big Breakfast can be heard on Radio England International. These are repeat shows (he's retired now) played Monday to Friday 8am-12 noon and repeated in the evening from 8pm-midnight. Also, Sunday 8am-12 noon. (Click link to listen) www.onlineradio5.com/2013/06/radio-england-international.html

Peter Wedlake

Be very carefull with these the USB power cable has the polarity wrong on the plug. It should be pos to centre pin but its the wrong way round. I've already had one replacement from Ebuyer and the new one was wrong as well. I've found it works ok when used with a 6 pin to 6 pin firewire but it's very flakely when used with a laptop which only has a 4 pin firewire at the other end.

Read the comments on the Ebuyer site...

Cheers
Pete

Chirpy

Thanks Peter,

I've only ever connected it via the 6pin-6pin firewire so I hadn't noticed.

Chirpy's Big Breakfast can be heard on Radio England International. These are repeat shows (he's retired now) played Monday to Friday 8am-12 noon and repeated in the evening from 8pm-midnight. Also, Sunday 8am-12 noon. (Click link to listen) www.onlineradio5.com/2013/06/radio-england-international.html