Gitzo GT2941LVL Levelling Tripod, Basalt

3 replies [Last post]
Ron Jackson
Ron Jackson's picture

Ffordes Photographic are advertising one of these on Ebay (Sorry I don't know how to post the link) for £269.00 plus p and p.
These are a discontinued model. I purchased one recently from Ffordes ,£279.00 though! a reduction from the normal £400 odd price.
I'm well pleased, a tiny pod but will carry 20lbs plus and has a levelling central column. I've used it with a 'Frotto 523HDV head. Makes the thing look like a knobkerry, and I've also used it with a Gitzo G2180 head, also tiny, which can handle my Canon XLH1, just.

Ron

Ron Jackson

foxvideo
foxvideo's picture

Dave Farrants Fox Video Editing

Chrome

Not had any experience of this one, but having been loyal to Manfrotto for years for my photographic tripods and heads (I wouldn't dream of using them for video), I recently bought a Gitzo head to replace a manfrotto one (same fitting, but half the price for a similar spec!). I must say I'm REALLY impressed with their head build quality. So much so that I'm considering buying Gitzo legs for the new head and replacing the Manfrotto 190c legs... Good kit in my book... :)

Ron Jackson
Ron Jackson's picture

Manfrotto and Gitzo are part of the same group, Vitec plc, British would you believe in this day and age.
Vitec own Sachtler, O'Connor, Vinten, Kata as well as Gitzo and Manfrotto (now Bogen presumably for the benefit of those of our transatlantic cousins who have trouble with more than two syllabies per word).
Gitzo and Manfrotto quick release plates are interchangeable on their video heads.

I think the only kit actually made in the UK is some of the high end Vinten stuff but at least the margin accrues here,

Ron

Ron Jackson