Got a Pentium 200 (or AMD 200) doing nothing?

3 replies [Last post]
bcrabtree

Just visited a friend in France who has an ancient (well, three year old) Pentium 133 system that is in need of a faster processor and graphics card for editing of still images (he's a marine photographer).

I've just visited Dabs site and ordered up for him an 8MB ATI card (£46 inc), but there seems no source of 200MHz processors - the fastest his machine can take.

Since even a 350MHz AMD K2 can now be bought for £29+VAT, I was wondering if anyone had a spare 200MHz processor doing nothing on a shelf that they'd be prepared to let him have for a nominal sum.

TIA

Bob C

RichardB

The Computer Exchange in Goodge Street, London, has socket 7 P200s at about £ 49 for the MMX's and about £80 (!!!!!) for the non-MMX version, which they describe as the 'classic' chip (yes, I know, sad people).

Does your friend want an MMX or standard chip , for as you know the wrong one will go bang.
Rich.

ian.smythe

I've got a P200 chip sitting around if you're interested.... think it's mmx...

bcrabtree

Ian,

Thanks for the offer. I spoke to him today and asked him to photocopy the motheboard manual and send it to me, so I'll be in contact again shortly.

Please let me know how much you want (by email, if you prefer - bcrabtree@cix.co.uk)

Cheers

Bob C

[This message has been edited by bcrabtree (edited 30 August 1999).]