Great Cheap HD Monitor £129inc VAT

12 replies [Last post]
Richard Payne
bcrabtree

Richard,

Do you have personal experience of this one?

Cheers

Bob

Richard Payne

Yes, I think for £129 it is exceptionally good.

bcrabtree

Thanks! I've ordered one.

Will report back in due course.

Cheers

Bob

Dugi
Dugi's picture

I'd be very interested to know if this would be good/accurate enough to help with HD colour correction.

Richard Payne

Colours are pretty good I would say. Put a test pattern through it and set it up. You could also try Alan Roberts trick with Congo Blue gel to get the brightness and contrast right.

Martyn

Hi Thanks for the link.
Any idea if the monitor can see SD 4x3 - 16x9 via the HDMI output on the Grass Valley HD Storm.
If it can whats the quality like?

Thanks
Martyn

bcrabtree

Just reporting back - though I suspect not in a very satisfactory way!

Received the monitor okay and did a few tests with it using HDMI and all looked good - likewise with inputs via DVI and VGA.

However, the monitor is now lost to me - No.2 son has had it as an early birthday present and so it's now sitting alongside his gaming PC in place of a great lump of a CRT monitor.

Cheers

Bob

Gyr

I can't get the link to work - can anyone advise what monitor this is as I may be looking for a new one.

Thanks

MAGLINK
Tony Carter

Evening Gyr, Viewsonic VX2260WM Full HD 22" TFT Monitor 1920x1080 20,000:1 (dynamic) 300cd/m2 2ms VGA/DVI-D/HDMI Black Tony C.

TonyC

Gyr

Many thanks for that Tony I've ordered one and will try and let you know what I think of it. The fact that it has a HDMI connection is an obvious plus over the Dell monitor mentioned earlier on in this thread.

Gyr

Just to let you know that I got one of these and I was very pleased with it, so have added a second. No problems so far; set up etc was v easy.