Hama Magnum 300 zoom light

4 replies [Last post]
johnd

I've spotted one of these in a local shop at £25 secondhand, but I can't find any more info about it. Has anybody had any experience with this light?
John

RayL

Just a general point, on the basis that it is similar to the Hahnel 100w Zoomlight (100w 12v with 'zoom' by mechanical movement of the lamp and reflector). The point is that to be worthwhile for video use the light has to have dimmer control. Being able to 'zoom' the light is OK, but without control of level it is much less used than other items of my lighting kit.

Ray L

JOHN . A.V.

I have one. It`s all a bit broke now. The zoom function is of some use as a spotlight for creative stuff. 100 watt (50 watt will fit too, but not 20 watt or below) is power hungry so a silly sized lead acid cell will quickly discharge. And it really does get very hot.

johnd

Hi John and Ray,
thanks for the info, I did a scan on google and it seemed to flag up the lamp as 300w which I assume is wrong, the odd site (German) that listed the 300w 230v lamp also stated it was no longer available. I can only assume Hama made a main voltage light that has confused google's search.
Hama's own site was no use and seemed to have very little support in terms of manuals for anything that wasn't currently in their range.
Given Ray's comments, I'll pass on this light.
John

JOHN . A.V.

Ah yes I remember ! The 300 Watt light was mains powered and used for 8mm Cine .There was also a 500 & 1Kw version too.