Joing hmc151 files over 4gb together

13 replies [Last post]
jgould

This is a great tool for seamlessly joining the files together. You will have to register to download, its free. http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?161735-.mts-clip-join-tool&highlight=spanned+clips An absolute life saver when 4gb is reached on a wedding ceremony

Z Cheema

Thanks that's great

for some reason Sony Vegas will join my Panasonic GH1 clips together to make one large clip
but clips from JVC HM700 camera clips don't join up.

some more here on post two

colinb
Quote:
Joing hmc151 files over 4gb together

But isn't this camera supplied with the HD Writer software which does the joining anyway, and automatically identifies which files need to be joined and in what order. Surely that's better than having to choose or guess which files need to be joined?

jgould

Camera comes with AVCCAM Viewer software not HD Writer. The latter (supplied with my TM700) wont recognise the files anyway

colinb

Really? So for the 151, Panasonic don't supply you with ANY way to join the files together? That's appalling.

jgould

You said it! Colin do I alter all the other settings (not mentioned) in the picture profiles you gave me to zero

Alan Roberts
Alan Roberts's picture

Yes, any menu item not listed should be left at the factory setting (usually zero).

Get my test cards document, and cards for 625, 525, 720 and 1080. Thanks to Gavin Gration for hosting them.
Camera settings documents are held by Daniel Browning and at the EBU
My book, 'Circles of Confusion' is available here.
Also EBU Tech.3335 tells how to test cameras, and R.118 tells how to use the results.

jgould

I'm using 5 & 6 for my low light & dynamic outdoor presets which have already been set at factory for different presets, so zero for every other setting not listed?

johnd

Good find, I've done a quick test with my JVC GZ-HD40 TOD files and this seems to work too.

You have to change the 'files of type' drop down from 'MTS Files' to 'All Files' before the program sees the TOD files.

John

Alan Roberts
Alan Roberts's picture

Yes, zero unless specifically told to change it.

Get my test cards document, and cards for 625, 525, 720 and 1080. Thanks to Gavin Gration for hosting them.
Camera settings documents are held by Daniel Browning and at the EBU
My book, 'Circles of Confusion' is available here.
Also EBU Tech.3335 tells how to test cameras, and R.118 tells how to use the results.

jgould

Yes, had to change to All Files for the 151 too, but works a treat. Why Panasonic didnt come up with a program is beyond belief

colinb
Quote:
I've done a quick test with my JVC GZ-HD40 TOD files and this seems to work too.

I'm not surprised as it doesn't care about the file contents - it just joins the file contents together no matter what they are. It's essentially a GUI version of the DOS "copy" or Mac/Unix "cat" command.

NigelP

Just done some editing using Edius 6.03 and pulled several 4GB split files using a full AVCHD file/folder structure. Edius stiches them together perfectly using the name of the first file in the set and showing the total length of all files in the set. Using individual files copied over as only mts from the SDHC card keeps the files split and a small jump (probably a couple of frames) occurs when they are concatenated on the timeline. Do any other editing programmes have this behaviour ?

colinb
Quote:
Using individual files copied over as only mts from the SDHC card keeps the files split and a small jump (probably a couple of frames) occurs when they are concatenated on the timeline.

We've been discussing the reason for this in another thread - see

http://forums.dvdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=388871&postcount=71