Logitech Click Smart 510 web cam freezes XP???

1 reply [Last post]
kottawa

Hello Folks,

I have fresh installed Windows XP. Since the install, when ever I launch the program for ClickSmart 510. I get a flash of video at startup, it then freezes and the whole program/computer freezes. This will also occur when I try to open Netmeeting. I am careful to open only one program at a time.
I get an error message “your camera is in use by another program, switch to end program”. When I switch, I get a program listed as “NewsUPD”. I have no idea as to what this program is for. It even appears if I have started the computer with no programs running in the background. I must manually restart the computer, to end the program. When I operated the camera on Win98 operating system. It worked great.

I have spent hours on the phone with both Logitech and Microsoft tech support, I have reinstalled the program and drivers numerous times, no success.

Is there an adjustment I must make or an updated driver I should be using? Any help would be welcomed.

I consider myself a techno idiot. Detailed instructions would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Kevin

------------------
AMD Athlon, ASUS A7VI-VM motherboard, VIA ProSavage KM133 Chipset, 1.4 GHZ processor .70G HD and 256K memory.

AMD Athlon, ASUS A7VI-VM motherboard, VIA ProSavage KM133 Chipset, 1.4 GHZ processor .70G HD and 256K memory.

Bomag

Creative (soundblaster) has an a particularly annoying program called NewsUPD. If you have a SB sound card go to the creative website for info on how to diasble it. It could be another program althogether though.