NP FV100 Sony Battery

2 replies [Last post]
paultv

Bought one of these through Amazon but it won't physically fit into my NEX VG10 - will go in the charger, but not the cam - there is a slight difference in the key lock plastic "shapes" compared with the supplied stock battery.

Looks like this might be a fake - onto Amazon - I remember it being cheaper than the usual £100 job

Just to add, it came through Navinet storefront on Amazon - several complaints of the same thing with Canon and Sony batteries AVOID these villains.

Paul :-(

steve
paultv wrote:
- I remember it being cheaper than the usual £100 job

l :-(

That's all you needed to know. There's no such thing as a free lunch, the vendors know that, - it seems that some of their buyers don't!

Steve

Alan Roberts
Alan Roberts's picture

Sorry Paul, it looks like another instance of the old adage, 'if it looks too good to be true, it probably is'. I suspect you've got a good case for a refund though, because the goods are not fit for purpose, which is enshrined in the Sale of Goods Act.

Get my test cards document, and cards for 625, 525, 720 and 1080. Thanks to Gavin Gration for hosting them.
Camera settings documents are held by Daniel Browning and at the EBU
My book, 'Circles of Confusion' is available here.
Also EBU Tech.3335 tells how to test cameras, and R.118 tells how to use the results.