UDMA100

No replies
JFC

I have recently bought a DV500 with a Maxtor 40gb 7200rpm 100udma disk and I could not get it to run at the proper speed to capture video on to it. I posted a message on the other/ older forum and Bob helped me out a great deal. But unfortunatly my disk was still not fast enough. So I was going to bite the bullet and buy a new motherboard to upgrade it from UDMA33 to UDMA100.

Luckly when I got to the shop they suggested that I tried a new PCI board that by-passed the motherboard, it was an A-bit hotrod 100.
It slotted into the PCI slot you run your disks from the board and hey presto you have upto 100UDMA speed. The only draw back was that I had to trash the disk (Video not main)first.

I am now getting much improved speed and even capturing is a lot better. Although I haven't trashed my C: to get it upto UDMA66 it is still running at least twice as fast. Not bad for £35 instead of probably £200+.

Thought I might share this with you as I know there must be a lot of people that are in the same position I was.