You Tube 101

4 replies [Last post]
Bruce

For some reason I cannot produce a file that You tube will upload. What is the secret? I am editing in Avid at 2-1 Digibeta quality and exporting as a Quicktime . mov.

PaulD

Hi
Here's the link for uploading from Final Cut Pro:
kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/you_tube_redux_gary.html
It seems to imply that you have to have a special account to upload files larger than 100MByte (but smaller than 1GByte):
"I have a Producer's account so my single uploads can utilize the full 1 gigabyte file limit but, as I'll say many times during this article, things are in flux at YouTube and by the time you read this, regular accounts may be able to upload single files in excess of 100 mb too. And then again, some accounts may continue to be limited to 100 mb files. One thing that seems to be fairly standard now is the ten-minute time limit for movies..."

Bruce

Thanks PaulD for the pointer will investigate today.

garethw

Hi there
If you want the best quality I'd suggest you save out an H264 file...(mov, avi or whatever...).
I use 640x360 to keep a 16.9 aspect.. bit rate set to 800 video & 128 audio. As previous poster said length is max 10 mins, and max file size limit 1gb.
In your Youtube channel set you view preferences to view high quality all the time...

The same file looks better on Vimeo..

cheers
Gareth

Bruce

Thanks GarethW.

Am now implementing suggestions.