£100 cash back on EOS 300D

11 replies [Last post]
Nigel Longman

I noticed on the Jessops site an offer from Canon for £100 cash back on purchases of the EOS 300D made in the UK. I wonder if the 7-day shop (who have this camera on offer for £589) counts as the UK for this? If so then an effective price of £489 for this camera is, for me, a tempting offer. Perhaps Jessops will price match .

Maybe I should contact Santa - ah here she comes now ;) .

Cheers NL

JMCP

Nigel,

I think the 7dayshop cameras are the "Rebel" USA version so I suspect they won't qualify for the offer. 7dayshop offer the 10D for £699 and they specify that it is a UK camera but they don't make such a statement with the Rebel/300D.

Park cameras (£620 for kit and £580 body only) offer a good deal on the 300d and they do qualify for the cashback offer.

Jessops have stated to me before that they won't price match 7dayshop because it is not a UK company.

Cheers John

Nigel Longman

Thanks for that information John.

Does the name 'Rebel' imply, then, that the camera is really intended for the US market?

The offer from Park Cameras that you mention is useful to know about. I can feel my credit card twitching.

Regards NL

harlequin
harlequin's picture

canon website has the same offer.
it ran about 3 months ago too.
anyone registerred at canon website should have / will get an email from them.

Gary MacKenzie

sepulce@hotmail.com ( an account only used for forum messages )

Thinkserver TS140 , 750ti Graphics card  & LG 27" uws led backlight , Edius 8

Humax Foxsat HD Pvr / Humax Fox T2 dvbt

JMCP

Nigel,

"Rebel" is indeed the American marketing name for this camera.

Some other DSLR's that are coming down in price at the moment are the Nikon D70 Kit, this is available for about £770 and the 18-70 kit lense is supposedly very very good. The Olympus E1 kit can also be bought for £699 if you are a student or lecturer and the kit lense for this camera is meant to be as good as Canon "L" glass, another benefit of the Olympus is that they have some new technology built in that does some form of vibration on the sensor on startup and this seemingly 100% cleans any dust off the sensor, it is also extremely well weather sealed but it only has a 5 mp sensor which may or may not be a critical factor to some people.

I bought a Sony F828 earlier in the year which I really like but you know that way that you keep thinking maybe that a picture could be even better if I was using a DSLR, hence why I have been doing a bit of research on them.

Cheers John

Steve Allen

Hi John,

Could you let me know where the Olympus E1 Kit is for sale at £699. I have looked everywhere and cannot find it for less than £999. At that price I might consider it as abcak up for my 10D.

cheers

Steve Allen

ducky12

how long does this 100 pound cashback take to come through ? I have been waitings weeks but it seems like months

les

Les

JMCP

Steve,

the Olympus offer is not advertised but it is available. All you have to do is go into somewhere like a Jessops and they should know about it, if they don't, ask them to phone their headquarters as they do know about it. Some people are reportedly getting the deal for £599.99. To read information posted by people who have taken up this offer have a look at the Olypus DSLR forum in DPReview (http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=11004754)

Remember, you have to qualify for the offer ie Student etc...

ducky12

Sorry Steve I was referring to the canon 300d
cashback offer

Les

Les

Steve Allen

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback I wonder if my Student ID card for my evening photographic course will qualify for the discount.

cheers

Steve Allen

harlequin
harlequin's picture
Quote:
Originally posted by ducky12:
how long does this 100 pound cashback take to come through ? I have been waitings weeks but it seems like months

les

about 6 weeks

Gary MacKenzie

sepulce@hotmail.com ( an account only used for forum messages )

Thinkserver TS140 , 750ti Graphics card  & LG 27" uws led backlight , Edius 8

Humax Foxsat HD Pvr / Humax Fox T2 dvbt

Tony Carter

ducky12, I have sent you PM. Tony C.

TonyC