10.1.4 Update

1 reply [Last post]
tim.callaghan

Have installed 10.1.4 on iBook and iMac with no problems.

OS X seems a little bit snappier (a bit) with scrollling and window resizing. Also Explorer seems to scroll and bit faster too, and possibly a few other things. Worth mentioning though is that Sherlock must have been given steroids as it is blisteringly faster. I'd given up on Sherlock because I thought it was so slow under X but I reckon it is probably faster than OS9's Sherlock.

I was expecting 10.2 soon, but maybe that will be at MWNY but we have this for now, even though not ground breaking. Roll on 10.1.5!

Tim

s.hood

Apple has consistently shown its commitment to updating OS X with an update every month so far this year - things are getting better and better - and quicker & quicker. OS X is pretty darn awesome - even running apps in classic mode is quick. Now I hear that Apple are looking into supporting older G3 Macs with OS X - that should make some people happy.

Now if only Motorola & IBM could pull finger and get those G4/G5 chips doing the business at around 2GHz - that would be real progress - and make enough of them to sell to us. Or maybe get AMD to supply chips, afterall OS X is Unix at its core and the code could exclude Intel chips from the Party. Yeah that would be great. It's possible that some geek has got OS X running on an AMD Mac buried somewhere in 1 Infinite Loop - and laughs as he reads all this dream talk while he drinks coffee from his thinkgeek.com mug...I think I have been staring at this monitor for too long.

------------------
regards
Steven Hood

Motion Forge

regards
Steven Hood

Motion Forge