1.6 Drivers usable with ULEAD MS PRO?

8 replies [Last post]
bsvid
Offline
Joined: Feb 20 2001

Thanks Dazzle for making the DVnowAV compatible with Mediastudio Pro. If this is indeed true, I can't wait. I have always preferred the superior titling and painting capabilities of the ulead software, and it is much more stable. So let's release those 1.6 drivers!

Steve Schmitz

Chris Williams
Offline
Joined: May 21 2001

quote:Originally posted by bsvid:
Thanks Dazzle for making the DVnowAV compatible with Mediastudio Pro. If this is indeed true, I can't wait. I have always preferred the superior titling and painting capabilities of the ulead software, and it is much more stable. So let's release those 1.6 drivers!

Steve Schmitz

I need to clone-paint from one frame to another to repair drop-outs. Will the ULead software allow me to do that?

bsvid
Offline
Joined: Feb 20 2001

Yes, integrated into the package is Video Paint, and that allows tou to do exactly what you are saying. You can paint a single frame then copy onto subsequent frames.

Steve

Chris Williams
Offline
Joined: May 21 2001

quote:Originally posted by bsvid:
Yes, integrated into the package is Video Paint, and that allows tou to do exactly what you are saying. You can paint a single frame then copy onto subsequent frames.

Steve

Just so that I am sure we are on the same wavelength:

What I mean by "clone paint" is - have three sequential frames of video visible on the screen. I would then be able to use a portion of frame 1 or 3 as the clone source to paint over a portion of frame 2. What you describe sounds more like copying a complete frame over another.

tomas_ek
Offline
Joined: Mar 13 2001

I think that there is way how to do it with Premiere. You can export the movie as a filmstrip and you can than paint every single frame of the movie in Adobe Photoshop.

tomas_ek

Chris Williams
Offline
Joined: May 21 2001

quote:Originally posted by tomas_ek:
I think that there is way how to do it with Premiere. You can export the movie as a filmstrip and you can than paint every single frame of the movie in Adobe Photoshop.

I've tried that, and it is, in a word, horrible. A nightmare of an interface. The "filmstrip" is a single mosiac of all the imported frames. It looks like contact sheet made by a program like Thumbnails Plus. Maybe it's a limitation of Windows. What I need is something that can open a video clip and show, say 5, frames. I can work on the current frame and see two frames before, and two frames after. I can hit a single key and increment the frame number up. Ideally, I could paint from the frame before or after onto the current frame. Or even have a second clip open and paint from that onto my current frame.

Is there any software that will actually do this? I had plenty of stuff that could do this back in 1986 on the Amiga, I find it hard to believe that this type of "onionskin" interface is not available in Windows.

bsvid
Offline
Joined: Feb 20 2001

I am quite sure that you can do this with the paint app in MSPRO 6.0. I don't want you to go on my recommendation to buy the software though. Check out www.ulead.com and www.mugcentral.com. There you can tap into the Mediastudio Users Group and find the exact answer you need. Hope this helps!

Steve

karan_m
Offline
Joined: Mar 19 2001

i had been using ulead media pro 5.2 with av master 2000. Any idea if i can use it with 1.6 drivers when it is released. My av master died late last year.

cheers
karan

Mike D
Offline
Joined: Dec 21 2000

Yes.. You can use MSP with the 1.6 drivers (when they are done.. Can't be too much longer now)