16/9 Widescreen

2 replies [Last post]
Roger Maytum

I've been shooting a film about a year in the life of our local church. Because of the advent of Digital TV and its widescreen implications - I decided to shoot in 16/9. It struck me recently that I MAY run into problems when editing! I use a DV300 and Premiere 5. Am I likely to experience any problems? The final release of the video (probably copied to VHS) will also be in 16/9. I can't do much about it now as half a years shooting has taken place - but any advice will be most welcome. My thanks again to all who contribute their expertise. It is really appreciated.

Roger Maytum

Unicorn

The main problem will be getting a letterboxed output if you want one; you'll either need to get a plug-in to do it for you, or use one of the DV decks which can produce an letterboxed analog output (I don't know which ones, but I'm told they exist).

P4-3.06/2GB RAM/2500GB IDE/SATA. Avid Media Composer, Liquid Edition, Premiere 6, Lightwave, Vue 6, eyeon Fusion 5. DV and HDV editing/compositing.

chris thomas

When editing, you should be able to add a 'vertical squash' type effect. The only down side is that it will take ages to render.

------------------
Chris Thomas.
chris@computer-manuals.co.uk

Chris Thomas. http://cptv.co.uk - over 30 minutes of streaming video to bore yourself with!