The 4400

5 replies [Last post]
Christian Lett

Evenin'

Did anyone catch Sky One's latest import from the US - The 4400 (forty-four hundred)?

Considering it's America's most watched show (apparrently) I was very disappointed with the production values. I'm guessing it was shot on high-definition video on cameras that Alan Roberts had obviously never been anywhere near! Also, some of the lighting was absolutely terrible, which was surprising!

Compare to two other Sky shows currently on, namely Deadwood and the new incarnation of Battlestar Galactica (both excellent shows by the way). These are both shot on 35mm but everything about them is superior in terms of the quality of production.

What do you guys think?

Christian.

Christian Lett After Effects and Maya Artist www.quarterlightpictures.com

The-Video-Compa...

I imagine the night scenes were shot during the day, with a lens filter, or a software effect.

I agree that the effect isn't perfect, but it would allow you to shot a lot of footage on a tight schedule, for less money.

Storywise, it's been pretty good so far. I just hope it progresses, and isn't cut before it matures properly.

Same As It Ever Was! :(

harlequin
harlequin's picture

Battlestar is good .... have all on my work pc as mpeg2 files.
4400 wasn't something i was interested in.

Gary MacKenzie

sepulce@hotmail.com ( an account only used for forum messages )

Thinkserver TS140 , 750ti Graphics card  & LG 27" uws led backlight , Edius 8

Humax Foxsat HD Pvr / Humax Fox T2 dvbt

Lucibel1984

A bit late, I know...

I had mixed feelings about The 4400. I like the concept, but I did feel that the limited amount of episodes was a major disadvantage. Technically, it looked pretty good, & I wait eagerly for the 2nd series which promises 13 episodes as opposed to the 4 or 5 of series 1.

I really liked the concept of the origins of the aliens, & should be gripping if it's explored further in series 2. With the baby, I predicted early on whose baby it was, & I'm intrigued by the significance of this character (those of you who saw the final shot of the last episode will know why). But babies are overdone in alien storylines, I just hope this does something different.

Self built 2.4ghz P4, 256mb FX5600 graphics, 1gb RAM, 240gb HD, DVD+-RW

The-Video-Compa...

Me too.

The-Video-Compa...

Just thought I'd add that I just bought the Season One DVD box set of Battlestar, and have watched it straight through in 2 days.

'Couch Potatoe' springs to mind.