AV Master on +400MHz Machines

4 replies [Last post]
msmyrl

This has probably already been asked many times, but I'm new to this board so forgive me...

I have an AV Master that rus great in my old system, however it wont run my new system (AMD Athlon 800MHz). I was told that the AV Master isn't supported on systems over 400 MHz due to a driver issue and that no new drivers are planned. I know that now new drivers are planned and that they will not be supporting Win2K but are there any versions of the drivers that support fast (+400 MHz) CPU speeds and if so what version and where might I download it from.

Thanks in advance for any information.

matt

allan

My AV Master is working in a PIII 700 and it used to be installed in my previous pc which was a PII 300...works fine.

msmyrl

Hmm... What is the Front Side Bus speed on your motherboard?

The system I tried it in was a Gigabyte GA-7IXE with an AMD chipset and Athlon 800 running Win98(SE). Actually I tried it in two simillar systems (both GA-7IXE) and had the same, not good, results. Any part of that mix sound like a known problem?

quote:Originally posted by allan:
My AV Master is working in a PIII 700 and it used to be installed in my previous pc which was a PII 300...works fine.

allan

FSB is 133

RayL

Having run AV Masters on a series of computers starting with (I think) Pentium 133, then Cyrix 166, AMD 200, 300, 350 and 400, then AMD Athlon 500 and 1GHz (all with an assortment of motherboards), I remain a big fan of the AV Master as a reliable capture card that seems to run on all sorts of computer. The main essentials for reliability seem to be a) give it it's own IRQ b) Use a compatable graphics card that avoids memory clashes with the AVM (I've mostly stuck to Matrox, although it works fine with ATI).

Ray Liffen