Capture Aborts under Win2000

2 replies [Last post]
Arnold Davis

I have a put together a 1.2GHz Athlon-based computer with 256MB memory. When I run DV.now AV under Win98 (2nd ed) most things work as advertised. However, when I run under Windows 2000, all Captures stop after about 1 sec.

I want to run under Win2K (ironically) to overcome the Capture limits under Win98, so I'd like to get past this.

Though I have currently set up my box to run dual boot, I have tested (and reproduced) the problem after clean installs of both Win98 and Win2K (that is, without multiple operating systems).

I am currently running the beta version (Build 1.5.0207 A) of the software. However, I observe the same behavior in Build 0206 B.

I use the Dazzle products strictly to transform analog VHS tapes into MPEG clips, and would describe myself as a novice with this DV stuff.

Some other info about my system:

2 80GB IDE drives on one IDE channel, one drive for system files, the other for capture.

FIC AZ11E motherboard.

Creative SoundBlaster Live! (MP3+5.1) sound card.

ATI RAGE XPERT 128 video card with 16MB.

Creative PC-DVD 12x Ovation CDROM (running by itself on second IDE channel).

Any thoughts or help?

Many thanks

FAST

- First of all, make sure you have Service Pack 1 installed for Windows 2000.
- Have you tried installing the card into different slots? Check in the Device Manager that that it is not sharing an IRQ.
- Did you have to install any DMA drivers for the hard drives? You may need to install such DMA drivers from the manufacturer of the hard drive.

FAST UK Technical Support

Arnold Davis

The minute I saw your reply, I said to myself, "Of course!"--I had uninstalled and reinstalled Win2K so many times, I had overlooked applying the SP the last time. Installed Service Pack 2 and everything now works fine.

Thanks for your help.

ACD