Does this happen on others DX3700 Kodaks - or just mine!!

2 replies [Last post]
lesreeves

Had the camera about 3 weeks now, and taken a few "films" worth. Everthing seems to be ok - eg quality of photos, downloading to PC, battery life (suprise suprise!)

But one quirk I noticed with it, that makes me think things are not as it should be.

If I am just viewing on the camera screen, or viewing through a TV screen, I have noticed that the initial image is blurred, then sharpens after 3 or 4 seconds. Might be normal - but damned annoying all the same!

My old Sony didnt do this (but is only 640x480) nor the Casio 3.3megapixel camera my mate at work has. I telephoned Kodak support, but the guy I spoke to didnt know, and wouldnt put me through to support without the serial number (which was a problem as the camera was in its docking tray at home!)

One other niggle. Is it possible on the camera to turn the pictures so they can be viewed on the TV without viewing on a hozizontal position? Also being able to remove the image data which I may be wrong, but seems to cover the lower part of the image, which isnt too clever if it does!

Regards

Les

PS apart from that a happy bunny

Gavin Gration

Mine does it too Les - but I haven't upgraded the 1.10 Camera firmware or 1.4 PC drivers yet - one of the fixes is "thumbnail quality on previews".

It only arrived yesterday - no chance to play properly yet !!

lesreeves

Have already upgraded to V1.110 so it looks like its a "feature" of the camera! (The PC part you mention isn't relevant for what we speak of!)

Oh well! What do you expect for £100 quid!