JVC HD100 summary...

4 replies [Last post]
cstv

m

cstv

mark.

cstv

Oh, another thing... there's talk over on the DVinfo.net forums about Sony HDV kit being able to play back JVC HDV tapes in a limited fashion. Does anyone have a Z1/FX1 that would mind trying to replay a tape of JVC HDV footage for me if i sent them one?

cheers,
mark.

Nigel Longman

Mark

Many thanks once again for your huge efforts in putting this material together for our benefit.

I was particularly interested in the stuttering motion clip of the cars passing by. I notice this was shot with a shutter speed of 1/250 sec.

Most film cameras running at 25 fps would give an exposure of around 1/50 sec (assuming a 180 deg cut-out of their rotating disc shutter) which would allow some motion bluring of a moving object. This in turn would help to create an impression of smoother motion. Same thing applies to panning and tilting.

My point is, if wishing to create a moving image (rather than a series of sharp stills for analysis) would it be better to use a slower shutter speed in such circumstances? Might need some extra ND filtering.

Apologies if this point has already been made elsewhere in the mega-posts on this topic.

Regards NL

cstv

that's a very good point, Nigel! i didn't think of the motion blur for some reason... i'll have another go at the same sort of thing with a 1/50 shutter.

thanks! :)