Lower thirds

1 reply [Last post]
Joined: Oct 24 2001

I have a feeling that here in the Uk, we don't really use the term "lower thirds". I know that in broadcast circles they are often referred to as "Astons", although in theory that could be any electronic graphics. Anyway, since NLEs came along, "Astons" is probably not the right name for them, so what is?

Rob James
Joined: Jun 26 2001

Before they were "Astons" we called them "Anchors" I'm guessing "Caption" is a good description but maybe not the current 'buzz' word.

Rob The picture is only there to keep the sound in sync