PMW200 - how do I view the setting I recorded at

4 replies [Last post]
Sian

Hi. Hoping someone can help.

I've recorded lots of weddings with my new PMW200s and generally love the results.  However, I am always keen to improve and am therefore reviewing various shots (some that are great and some that I'm less happy with) but can't find where I can see the settings, e.g. iris/WB that I shot them with.  Anyone know how/if this can be done?

Thanks.
Sian

Mark M
Re: PMW200 - how do I view the setting I recorded at

Using the Sony EX Clip Browser tool you should be able to do this.

It's not a current program, so you may have to did deep on the Sony website to find it. Search for XDZP1 Clip Browser V2.6

This direct link might work: https://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcam/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets-micro-xdcam-downloads-XDZP1TC.shtml

Once you've found, downloaded, installed, rebooted, opened the software and opened an XDCAM clip in it (you are shooting in XDCAM?) then you can open a clip, open the acquisition tab and it will show you the Iris, Focus, Colour Balance, and NDs that you're using, the shutter speed, AE mode, Gamma, Gain, etc etc..  As you play back the clip it gives you realtime updates, so you can watch where you've opened and closed your iris, and zoomed in and out...

Don't know why they dropped this feature from the current Content Browser software.

HTH

Mark

Adobe Certified Professional Premiere Pro CS6, Premiere Pro CC

Adobe Community Professional

Sian

Hi Mark. That sounds perfect and exactly what I'm looking for. Will have a look for it later and let you know how I get on.  
Cheers. 
Sian

Sian

An update in case anyone else interested. Found and downloaded the software no problem and it works like a dream for shots I've filmed when no picture profile is on - you can see all the settings changing as you play the footage - excellent.  The only problem is that it will not play clips recorded with a picture profile - and typically I've got lots of those! I note the advice that the current version of content browser does not have this facility - does anyone know if the last version did (v1.1 I think) - will probably download it and give it a try!

Mark M

That's really odd, Sian.

Everything, but everything I shoot with my EX1 is done using picture profiles, and it plays back just fine in the Clip Browser software, giving me all the shooting info.

It doesn't tell me which Picture Profile I've shot with but it does tell me which Gamma I've got set.

Perhaps it's a difference between the metadata created with the EX1 and the PMW200.

Adobe Certified Professional Premiere Pro CS6, Premiere Pro CC

Adobe Community Professional