Time Lapse issues with TRV 900

4 replies [Last post]
ChrisBitz

Hi, I've got an opportunity to film someone stripping a ferrari down to absolute individual components for shipping...

I thought I'd do it time lapse, with every 30 secs, getting 5 secs of film... by my dodgy calculations, (correct me if I'm wrong), each 1hr tape should carry 6 hours of video, and the job should use about 8 tapes..

Now, when it comes to capturing for editing, Will I have to capture a whole hour of tape, and then run it at 500% speed to get each 5 second clip to run at 1 second, or is there a more efficient way to get 1 second from eac 5 second filming section? I'm using premiere to edit...

Hope that makes sense... :)

Chris.

cj_jack

Hi

I don't use premier, but i think there is a timelapse option in the capture program. set the program to capture 1 second of video every 5 second that way it should work.
i used to do timelpase video using media studio pros capture program.

cj

ChrisBitz

Thanks for the reply,

So can anyone confirm that if I get MSP, it will be able to help me?

Thanks again...
Chris.

RichardJ

You can do timelapse in MSP's capture, subject to limitations.

a. Only using analogue capture, there's no way to do it with Firewire
b. You can only capture at a fixed rate, e.g. 1 frame per 10 secs. You can't do short bursts as you're implying you want.

Using the Video Capture program you use what is called "manual" mode, but you can run that mode in "automatic" (daft terminology). You simply enter how many secs/frame and set it going.

------------------
Richard Jones, http://www.activeservice.co.uk
Home of the MediaStudio Pro Tutorial

Richard Jones, http://www.activeservice.co.uk
Home of the MediaStudio Pro Tutorial - Edition 3 for MSP 7

Alan Roberts at work

D.O. MotoDV can do it as well. Tell it how many frames to drop per grabbed one and off it goes.